The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is a mid-level qualification.
This qualification will help you excel as a team leader or supervisor within your workplace.
This course will open your learning opportunities to explore deeper into:
- Workplace Leadership - Leadership in the workplace refers to the ability of an individual to manage and supervise a company and its fellow employees. It also refers to the ability to positively influence others to perform their jobs to the best of their ability.
- Continuous Improvement - Continuous improvement, sometimes called continual improvement, is the ongoing improvement of products, services or processes through incremental and breakthrough improvements. These efforts can seek "incremental" improvement over time or "breakthrough" improvement all at once.
- Team Management - Team management is the ability of an individual or an organization to administer and coordinate a group of individuals to perform a task. Team management involves teamwork, communication, objective setting and performance appraisals
- Communicating effectively within the team - Encourage, and take part in, debate and honest feedback on team projects. Respect feedback and new ideas, even if they're in contrast to their own opinion. Recognize and reward this open and honest communication
- Apply critical thinking to work practices - Critical thinking in the workplace means sorting among useful and arbitrary details to come up with a big-picture perspective that leads to an impactful decision or solution to a problem.
Other personal skills you may learn along the way:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Strong Organisational Skills
Once you have completed this training, you will be able to enrol in the Diploma of Leadership and Management and pathway to Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management. This qualification is highly recognised with employers and will put you in the front line for any position that you apply for.
Benefits of completing this course for Career Growth and Business Growth
According to the Australian Government's Job Outlook service, demand for office management roles is expected to experience stable growth over the next five years. This is a very large occupation with job opportunities available across a number of industries including construction, professional services, and education and training.
You will develop specialised knowledge which includes communicating effectively as a workplace leader, making a presentation, implementing an operational plan, customer service standards and continuous improvement.
With the right professional development training, it will help you to:
- Progress through your business and achieve your goals.
- Feel valued.
- Have more confidence.
- Improve efficiency.
- Keep skills up to date.
- Be more productive.